Briefly explain how the requirements for developmental theory differ from general theory.
Theories of Development
The purpose of this discussion is to help you analyze and convey your understanding about the concept of a theory, the contribution of theoretical evaluation, and how theories contribute to understanding developmental processes.
Evaluate the seven theories presented in Chapter 2 of the Newman and Newman Development Through Life text. Consider how they broaden the knowledge and appreciation of the cognitive, emotional, physical, social, and educational growth perspectives researched over time. Note that theories, the testing of theories, and application of theoretical perspectives are embedded throughout the study, analysis, and research of human development.
For this discussion, complete the following:
· Briefly describe the concept and general requirements of theory.
· Briefly explain how the requirements for developmental theory differ from general theory.
· Your own theory of choice will likely change often, as you continue to grow as a professional counselor. At this point, based on your readings for this unit, choose one theory you are leaning toward. Describe why this theory resonates with you.
Reference the textbook and cite any other scholarly article used from the counseling literature to support your ideas.
Read the initial posts of your peers and respond substantively to at least one learner whose post resonates with you. Compare and contrast your peer’s post with yours. Take note of new ideas or examples that might be useful in supporting your assignment in this unit.
· Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
· How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles?.