Article Review 4
For your final Article Review, you may choose any article you have not already reviewed from the Helmick & Petersen text. You will be responsible for writing four Article Reviews that are based on articles chosen from the Helmick & Petersen text. You’ll notice that the make-up of this assignment is exactly like that of the thread in your Discussion Board assignments:
- Include an overview of the problem area discussed in the article.
- Summarize any theories or conclusions reached by the author.
- Briefly provide your own assessment of the article, evaluating its strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain how the article relates contributes towards the field of conflict management.
Each Article Review should be no more than two pages (double-spaced) in a Word document and adhere to MLA
DISCUSSION BOARD 4XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
For your thread, answer at least 1 of the following questions of your choice (you can discuss as many as you like):
- Briefly summarize the history of private prisons in the United States and advise their current status and/or popularity.
- Compare and contrast criminal justice organizations with nonprofit organizations.
For your replies, respond to students who addressed a question other than the one you chose and then point out either 2 weaknesses with their post or add 2 additional supporting points. Two replies are required.
INTERACTION PAPER 7 PAGESXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The purpose of the interaction papers is to show your understanding of the issues that cause conflict and the methods/resources currently being used to resolve those conflicts in specific contests. Your papers should be comprehensive in their scope but brief in their presentation. In other words, they should cover the major issues of conflict and overview the methods and pitfalls of resolution. Interaction papers should be 7-8 pages in length, double-spaced, and formatted using MLA style (you must request permission to use a different writing style). Please do not exceed 10 pages for your paper. Content for each Interaction Paper should come from at least 6-8 articles from professional journals in sociology, religion, psychology, business, communication, or the Helmick & Petersen text. You should also include 5-6 references from books. If you find relevant articles in magazines and on the internet, you may use them as additional sources. The main focus of your research should be on the analysis of the situation using conflict analysis theories and insights from professional journals Interaction Paper 2 Instructions
For this Interaction Paper, you will continue to convey your understanding of the issues that cause conflict and the methods/resources currently being used to resolve those conflicts in specific contests.
Choose 1 topic area from the list below. Special permission to choose and write on a topic not included on the list may be secured from the instructor of the class.
Area 2 topics require the analysis of conflict by applying theory to a particular situation. Your interaction paper should:
- Define the context of the conflict, providing relevant history and limitations of study.
- Examine major issues of conflict and their causes in that context (identifiable from the literature).
- Review communication methodologies used to resolve issues in the context.
- Make recommendations for effective strategies to consider in resolving the conflict.
- Make any recommendations for further study of the problem and/or solutions presented.
Area 2 Topics
For your topic, you may use either a topic or a book from the list below. If you choose a book, you must read the entire book and analyze the specific conflict detailed within.
- International Conflict resolution: Any historical conflict between nations or culture groups
- German-Turk conflict
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- Conflict in the church
- Family Conflicts
- Dealing with a specific multicultural conflict: e.g., Israeli/Palestinian, Catholics/Protestant in Ireland,
- Dealing with any protestant group and Catholic persecution during the reformation
- Forgiveness in marital infidelity
- Kent State Riots
- Gay Pride/Soul Force on Christian Campus
- Anabaptists and War
- Obama and Socialized Medicine
- The anatomy of a church dispute
- Conflict in Marital Relationships
· Forgiveness by John L. Ruth
· After the Heavy Rain by Sokreaksa S. Himm
· Through Gates of Splendorby Elizabeth Elliot
· Shantung Compound The Story of Men and Women under Pressure by Langdon Gilkey
· Lest Innocent Blood Be Shed: The Story of the Village of LeChambon and How Goodness Happened Thereby Philip Hallie