Describe the preservation and collection of the firearms evidence.
Resources: Ch. 5, 8, 9, & 14 of Forensic Science
You are on a team of crime scene investigators. Your team was instructed to collect the physical evidence at a crime scene. Arriving at the crime scene your team observes the following:
- Shell casings
- Three sets of footprints (two muddy sets and one bloody set) throughout the house
- Bloody fingerprints
- Tire tracks by the side entrance of the house
Write a 1,050- to 2,100-word paper that includes the following:
- Identify the various types of physical evidence encountered at the crime scene.
- Describe the preservation and collection of the firearms evidence.
- Describe the preservation and collection of fingerprints, footprints and tire tracks.
- Describe the legal issues regarding physical evidence encountered at the crime scene.
- Identify the significance of physical evidence.
Include information learned this week from the MyCrimeKit Virtual Lab activities in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Remember to cite and list your source material.