Virtues And Happiness Essay
- Field: Literature
Virtues help shape our aspirations for what sort of person we want to be. In an essay of 1,000 to 1,400 words, discuss how cultivating a virtuous disposition may help you achieve your goals, both personally and professionally. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of what you have learned from the text as you address these questions. Your paper should be well-organized, including intro and concluding paragraphs.
Include the following:
- Discuss how being virtuous defines you.
- Examine your cultural ideas of virtues and how they compare with other cultures. Explain how your idea of being virtuous fits within a cultural context.
- Explain how your ideas fit within the idea of utilitarianism and individual or group happiness.
- Use examples from your own life and information from Ethics for Life, as well as two outside academic sources, to discuss the relationship between virtues and your success as a person.
- Include citations and an APA style references page. Be sure to use quotation marks when taking more than 3 words in a row from the text or any source. Use no more than 10% quotations. The title page and references do not count toward the word count.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.