Imagine that it is now the second week of the school year. You have received the completed Beginning of the Year Questionnaires that you sent to the children’s families as seen in the following documents:
- Document #2: Jon Hall: Beginning of the Year Questionnaire
- Document #3: Annie Xun: Beginning of the Year Questionnaire
- Document #4: Irene Segers: Beginning of the Year Questionnaire
Based on the questionnaires, create an individualized plan for how you would communicate and collaborate with each of the three children’s families.
Each of the three individualized plans should be two pages in length and include:
- An explanation of the initial method of communication you will use with the family. Explain why you chose the method for this specific family.
- A description of at least one potential obstacle you might face in communicating with the family.
- Describe at least one strategy you might use to overcome the obstacle you identified, so you can effectively communicate and collaborate with the family.
- An explanation of how you will communicate information to the family about their child’s overall development and academic progress. Provide a rationale for your choice.
- An explanation of how you will communicate to the family the opportunities for them to engage in the classroom. Provide a rationale for your choice. Include an explanation of why building a partnership with this family is essential to the healthy development of the child(ren) in this family.
- A description of at least one strategy you would use to obtain information from the family. Provide a rationale for your choice