Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Additional Information: The briefing to John and the board of directors was a success. You and Shawn believe that it allowed them to understand the challenges associated with managing global human capital effectively and the value of recognizing human capital as a critical part of AGC’s strategic plan. John and the board of directors gave every indication that they understood the sense of urgency needed to align the key global human capital goals with those established for the entire global organization. In fact, they asked you to move ahead with developing global human capital goals for AGC as part of its strategic plan.
You will begin by evaluating the existing organizational culture and analyzing the leadership styles used at each global AGC subsidiary. The company has several global subsidiaries, each with significant cultural differences. Shawn believes that AGC would benefit from an organizational culture that is more proactive and competitive. Likewise, he believes that leadership development programs should focus on styles that recognize the importance of celebrating diversity, empowerment, and innovation.
Review the AGC scenario for this course and discuss the following with your peers:
- Using AGC as an example, what human capital management problems can arise when an organization does not acknowledge cultural differences at its global subsidiaries?
- How can leadership styles effect global organizational culture?
- Describe a human capital management goal that Shawn can recommend to change the global organizational culture of AGC.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course material